Customer Service Representative
About the Job
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Standard Hours: 1
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: Per Diem customer service rep - potential to work 7:30am-4pm and/or 4pm-9pm M-F
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
- Operates the organization's telecommunication system to answer and route incoming calls and to communicate codes, alerts, drills and other announcements.
- Receives and relays internal and external calls and provides general information according to protocol.
- Maintains desk directories, on-call list, reference guides and other associated reference materials.
- Operates beeper and paging system to contact personnel and code team.
- Communicates codes, alerts, drills and other announcements according to established policies and protocols, including disaster management plans.
- Greets and welcomes all visitors and guests in a polite and genuine manner, assisting them with protocols related to belongings, signing in and directing them to the appropriate staff/units.
- Maintains overall perspective of front desk area, is aware of visitors/guests and general activity. Communicates changes and/or concerns to security and/or nursing supervisor as indicated.
- Provides accurate information to guests and visitors regarding unit specific policies regarding gifts or other items that can be brought onto the units.
- Assists guests and visitors with locking up items, to maintain security, as indicated.
- Other Duties as assigned
- One to two years of related experience.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.