DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 36
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: be able to work in catscan -procedures, all types of scans-must do iv's, rotate weekends
*New Hires Eligible For Sign-On Up To $15,000!*
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
The CT Scan Technologist performs computerized tomographic procedures for the diagnosis of disease and injury according to protocols established by radiologists.
- Performs computed tomography (CT) procedures according to department procedures and protocols by selecting correct exposure factors, algorithms and scan fields while utilizing the assessment of patient age and diagnosis to produce technically accurate cross sectional images
- Accurately inputs data into the RIS by tracking actual procedures to capture exam and supply charges, resource allocation and other relevant information. Transfers correctly annotated images and pertinent paperwork into PACS.
- Obtains all relevant patient information, including but not limited to, current lab values, medication usage, ensuring reason for exam is concordant with exam request in order to perform the appropriate exam, on the correct patient, to procure an accurate diagnosis.
- Explain procedures to patients and addresses their concerns. Utilizes ALARA principals and appropriate infection control techniques to ensure a safe work environment.
- Appropriately maintains exam rooms, supplies and equipment according to performance standards. Maintains area supplies and reports equipment malfunctions. Performs and documents quality assurance testing on equipment according to established protocols to maintain high performance of the system. Transports patients as necessary.
- Starts intravenous sites, assesses existing sites and injects intravenous contrast according to established protocols. Uses appropriate safety procedures for handling storage and disposal of bio- hazardous, infections, radioactive and toxic substance.
- Maintains clinical proficiency and annual health stream. Participates in the department quality, safety and compliance initiatives.
- When necessary, provides clinical supervision and instruction to students by maintaining an understanding of policies, procedures and the clinical competency process in order to evaluate student growth and competence in performing imaging procedures.
- Perform other related duties as required
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Licensed Radiology Technician credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Radiology Technician credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) is preferred. ARRT-R or ARRT-CT acceptable. Opportunity to train in IR.
- Graduate from an accredited Radiography program
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.