DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: Monday-Friday
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The story of Hartford HealthCare is the story of transformation – from a handful of disconnected organizations a decade ago to a unified system with a shared, value-based culture of accountability and innovation. The healthcare landscape has become highly competitive, with new players and disruptive technology and we are working to expand and create our system’s organizational, leadership, cultural, and talent capabilities to ensure Hartford HealthCare will always be the first choice of the people we serve.
The Colleague Health Services Nurse (RN) is responsible for the delivery of the customer focused, clinical programs of Colleague Health Services which promote the health and safety of all Hartford HealthCare colleagues. Ensuring regulatory compliance with OSHA Standards, CDC Guidelines, and applicable federal/state guidance for healthcare workers. Responsibilities include but, are not limited to the following:
- Implements health promotion programs and illness/injury prevention programs to prevent occupational injury and health problems. Programs include: universal vaccination, respiratory protection, tuberculosis surveillance, blood borne pathogens, hearing conservation and environmental safety.
- Ensures timely medical clearance for all new colleagues by monitoring pre-employment examinations as well as determines medical clearance status for some colleagues.
- Completes appropriate documentation in electronic health records and other associated programs based on OSHA Standards, CDC Guidelines, and applicable federal/state guidance for healthcare workers.
- Participates in the development and implementation of new programs to support Colleague Health Services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited school
- 3-5 years Nursing experience
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations, CDC guidelines, infectious disease and worker safety program requirements for a healthcare setting strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication, and outstanding collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Extremely detail-oriented with exceptional follow through
- Strong collaboration and team work to share knowledge and influence best practices
- Effectively prioritize work in support of multiple competing programs and projects
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced, ambiguous and dynamic environment
- Be flexible and available to interact with colleagues at all levels
- Self-directed and opportunity driven
- Interested in remaining current in established field through participation in seminars, networking, and awareness of external environment
- Proven skilled use of virtual meeting platforms, Microsoft Office, SharePoint, REDCap, Electronic Health Record platforms, etc.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.