Admissions Coordinator - Behavioral Health
About the Job
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Standard Hours: 25
Job Shift: Shift 2
Shift Details: 25 hour part time position - some flexibility with hours, but primarily covering 3pm-8pm.
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
- Conducts Interviews and assessments for potential admissions.
- Provides admissions and intake services to patients and potential patients.
- Responds to telephone inquiries from persons seeking mental health care or information about mental health-related services.
- Admits patients to the hospital and registers outpatients with appropriate physician orders.
- Documents calls and related admission information.
- Identifies insurance information and obtains precertification and authorization for care.
- Provides management and oversight to the admissions process in the absence of the Admissions Supervisor.
- Reviews all paperwork accompanying patients to ensure adherence with hospital and regulatory policies.
- Maintain record for monthly quality data submission such as referrals and discharges.
- Supports clinical team as back up for group therapy or crisis intervention.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Masters Degree in Social Work, counseling, psychology or related field. Licensure preferred.
- Two years related experience in behavioral health, particularly inpatient, required (internship experiences applicable). Experience in completing assessments in an emergency department or other acute setting desirable.
- Licensed Counselor specializing in Alcohol and Drug Abuse credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health.
- Licensed Counselor specializing in Marriage & Family credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health.
- Licensed Counselor specializing in Mental Health credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health.
- Psychologist credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.