Territory Sales Representative
About the Job
This inside sales position is responsible for retaining and generating revenue in a specific territory! Responsible for building strategic and tactical sales plans to drive revenue and promote the Champion brand. This position is responsible for coordinating with our Sales Support resources and other Territory Sales Representatives to leverage strengths across the team and further Champion product penetration in assigned territory. Currently, during the pandemic, travel is restricted. However, travel will be required for face-to-face customer meetings, clinics, competitions, trade shows and other events will be required in the future.
The schedule for this position is flexible between the hours of 7am - 7pm with two Saturday shifts a year.
This position is paid hourly with UNCAPPED commission opportunities plus the potential of a quarterly district bonus!
A four week training will be held remotely for this position. Must be available to attend the four week training beginning June 21, 2021.
- Meets or exceeds individual revenue goals.
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule.
- Develops strategic and tactical sales plans for assigned district to drive revenue growth.
- Establishes sales pipeline potential and a customer interaction plan to generate sales from the pipeline.
- Develops and meets sales appointment and customer touch point plans for the various customer types within assigned district.
- Develops efficient customer meeting schedules and fulfills customer appointment and interaction commitments.
- Provides complete and timely follow-up on all potential prospects and leads.
- Records sales plans and activities in the Champion Customer Relationship Management tool.
- Sells products and customer solutions aligned with Champion pricing strategy, coordinating with management if price requirements for specific deals are not aligned with pricing.
- Aggressively solicits new referrals from existing accounts.
- Attends coaches' clinics, competitions and other customer events within the assigned district to drive sales and support the Champion Teamwear brand.
- Conducts appointments and customer interactions in a professional manner which represents Champion's values and brand image.
- Identifies new products, trends, and sales techniques and shares this information with the other sales reps and managers.
- Builds and maintains a positive working relationship with customers through 100% customer satisfaction.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations as needed for specific customers and sales calls.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of customer targets.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Coordinates with Sales Support resources for order entry and customer follow up.
- Coordinates with Sales Support to resolve customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Leads by example in teaching our corporate culture on such items as respect for others, teamwork, positive attitude, and work ethic.
- Provides training and assistance to new team members as needed.
- Completes position specific training plan, and engages in continuous development utilizing a developmental plan.
- Upholds Champion's Vision, Mission, and Values by "Making it Personal" during every interaction and process with all departments and team members.
- Performs other work duties, as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- College degree preferred and/or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years of related sales experience preferred.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Ability to coordinate with Territory Representatives assigned to district for different product lines.
- Ability to work effectively with Sales Support resources to de-load routine tasks and stay focused on revenue retention and creation
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to fast paced environment.
- Background in sport, cheer, dance, or gymnastics is a plus.