Tech Maintenance II
About the Job
Position Definition: The job of a Tech II was established to provide support and Total Productive Maintenance for the VSC. A Tech II will provide maintenance services and assistance in maintenance activities where needed and/or assigned. Services will be focused in assisting with facility wide functions such as PM's, Breakdowns, Repairs, Projects, etc.
Ø Essential Functions:
- Responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing assets as needed using operation manuals, drawings, manufacturers specifications and applicable building/electrical codes.
- Responsible for Safe, reliable and efficient operation of all machinery and equipment. Including, but not limited to, clearing faults, jams, crashes, etc.
- To insure assigned assets or areas are maintained per guidelines set by the management team. This may include routine checks and scheduled audits to verify PM's and associated work orders have been completed.
- Log any necessary data for required reports pertaining to analysis, errors, and maintenance activities.
- Responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of all conveyors. To include replacing items such as; bearings, chains, sprockets, motors, reducers, wheels, photosensors, etc.
- Responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of Automatic Storage and Retrieval cranes. To include replacing items such as; bearings, chains, sprockets, motors, reducers, wheels, photosensors, etc.
- Responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of the Automatic Sorter. To include replacing items such as; bearings, trays, tilt elements, carriage, etc.
- Responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of general functions of the Fire Safety Monitoring System. Such as performing system test and reports, maintenance for the pump and generator, replacing riser valves, sprinkler heads, etc.
- Responsible for all assigned PM's.
- Responsible for acquiring the necessary level of understanding of the HK system software and WonderWare in order to safely and effectively operate, maintain and repair the VSC equipment.
Ø Other Functions:
- Install, PM and repair of dock doors, locks, levelers, chocks, lights, etc.
- Install, PM and repair of facility lights, fixtures, ballast, etc.
- Install, PM and repair of facility plumbing such as sinks, toilets, faucets, ice machines, garbage disposals, etc.
- Install, PM and repair of various plant equipment such as bailers, cardboard conveyors, heat seal machines, tape machines, staplers, pallet jacks, etc.
- To safely and effectively use and maintain facility and Maintenance Department vehicles such as the pickup truck, dump truck, tractor, loader, scissor lifts, boom lifts, fork lifts, etc.
- To assist as needed in the VSC Lift Truck and Battery program. Such as general maintenance for any lift vehicles, towing disabled or stuck vehicles, changing and watering batteries, maintaining battery changing equipment, etc.
- Assembly, repair or relocation of office furniture and equipment.
- Responsible for plant snow and ice removal.
PM, and repair of snow removal equipment.
- High School Diploma or GED required but 2 Year Degree: A.A.S. or A.E. in Electrical & Instrumentation , Electronics, Mechatronics, or Applied Engineering & Design, preferred.
- 1 year of experience relevant M aintenance experience.
- 2-4 years experience in troubleshooting and repair of automated systems such as conveyors, storage and retrieval systems, and tilt sorters preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with basic hand tools.
- Experience with PLC programming and troubleshooting, preferred .
- Experience with VFD setup, installation and troubleshooting, preferred .