About the Job
Hanes Brands Inc.
This position is responsible support all DC and/or MFG activities to assure the shift(s) are run as efficiently, safely, and productively as possible. Assures that daily work is planned, executed, and completed per facility standards. Demonstrates effective leadership and is accountable for exemplary performance of a DC or MFG team or shift. Typically team/shift/department supervised would be those accountable for receiving, unloading, recording, arranging, routing, transporting, and/or stocking of materials and products, and/or picking, value added services, and/or order fulfilment. Accountable to assure operations, quality, service, cost, administration, and system metrics and KPI are achieved. This position supervises team members and may be assisted by Specialists, Team Leaders, and/or Group Leaders in the leadership of the team. However, this position has accountability for the KIP achievement, training, and morale of the shift/team/department. Contributes to the interviewing, selection, onboarding, training, motivating, and performance management of those team members. Could be accountable to maintain and/or verify inventory records and transactions.
- Plans and prioritizes work flow for the shift to create the sense of urgency needed to ensure all customer Service Level Agreements (SLA) are met. Promotes the highest level of expectations for achieving established standards in Safety, Quality, and Productivity.
- Maintains Kronos, evaluates and edits incentive pay communications, monitors attendance, and develops staffing schedules.
- Contributes to the interviewing, selection, onboarding, training, motivating, and performance management of shift team members.
- Provides leadership and oversight to shift team to ensure highest level of employee performance and morale while driving continuous improvement and managing change. Promotes an environment of learning and continuous growth by implementing and assessing systems and processes to make the work flow more effectively. Coordinates with other departments as required, to assure the entire workstream is achieved.
- Drives process improvement through Lean concepts and problem solving techniques. Assures team members are sufficiently trained to perform their jobs and are cross-trained to support other areas as necessary.
- Produces shift reports as required. Assesses shift work flows for stretch capacity requirements through coordinating staffing to meet increased and/or decreased workloads to maximize efficiencies and reduce cost during volatile demand swings across any/all shifts.
- Interaction with Stakeholders and Resources: Interact with internal and external stakeholders to assure shift performance and deliverables are achieved. Keeps facility manager and management team apprised of project/work flow status. Proactively implements course-correction actions to avoid delays or underachievement.
- Education: Four-year degree in related field, i.e., Business, Engineering or Logistics/Supply chain Management
- Years of Experience: 2 yrs comparable work experience (comparable defined as the duties of a leader, similarly titled role, HBI SIT) Work experience includes budgeting, financial analysis, and/or productivity measurement/monitoring
- Knowledge, Skill, and Experience:
DC or MFG operations and equipment experience a plus
General leadership experience in a DC or MFG facility
Familiarity with WMS ( Manhattan Software PkMS)
MS office, especially MS Excel
Kings Mountain, NC 28086