Screen Room Tech I
About the Job
Gear for Sports, a division of Hanesbrands Inc., continuously strives to provide our customers with the very best service, product and decoration. To that end, we have built the industry's largest in-house design team and exclusive patent-pending decorating capabilities that are unmatched and unavailable to our competitors. Our powerful family of recognized brands offers customers more options of high quality sportswear, headwear and accessories. Additionally, our state-of-the-art facilities enable us to produce over 70,000 decorated garments a day.
Our new hires will receive a competitive hourly rate and are eligible for an attractive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, vacation, holiday pay, parental leave and tuition assistance after completion of an eligibility period. Gear for Sports is a great place to work!
Position starts at $13.84 per hour. Position will start on 05/10.
This entry-level position's main function is preparing screens in the screen room for printing.
- Removes all tape from screens and stacks all screens for the solvent wash operation.
- Washes screens with solvent; applies mineral spirits to screen to loosen ink; and places and removes screens in solvent bath.
- Scrubs dehaze on screens and washes screens with clean water nozzle.
- Places screens in rack to oven dry and records number of racks on log sheet.
- Removes dry screens from ovens; coats screens with emulsion and cleans utensils.
- Places screens in rack and dries in oven.
- Uses the screen mesh identified on the production sheet.
- Exposes the screens in the production unit; Places exposed screen on the floor next to the washout operation.
- Examines screens for blemishes, pinholes, and any other irregularities; Repairs screens as needed; Tapes each screen around edges to prevent ink flow on the garments; Keeps jobs together and place in tubs to send to production floor.
- Performs all Screen Room Tech I duties and maintains at least 100% efficiency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred, but not required.
- Minimal computer skills needed
- No certifications needed