About the Job
Responsible for a multitude of material handling procedures such as, erecting cartons, stocking bays and disposing of empty cartons and trays. Incumbent is responsible for timely delivery of product to pick bay locations. Material handlers may use material moving equipment such as pallet jacks, hand trucks and barges to bring materials to an appropriate location. Incumbent must perform transactions in the inventory system by scanning each case id to the correct pick bay location.
• Move cases from drop zone to area needed on the pick line.
• Open cases, scan case id using a wrist mount scanner and place in correct location on pick rack.
• Pull empty cartons and trays from take away conveyor or designated area and break them down to be baled or stacked for reuse.
• Erect new cartons for picking, using a powered tape sealer or hand held tape dispenser.
• Apply case labels and pick tickets to cartons, place cartons on cart to be picked.
• Place completed cartons on moving conveyor.
• Assist in physical inventories.
• Unload carts to conveyor and use tape sealer to seal cartons
• Perform other duties assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Read, write, add subtract, multiply and divide - understand implied instructions.
• Regular attendance is required.
• Must be able to work in a physically demanding role such as standing, bending, and lifting.
• Must learn to use a wrist mount scanner and become familiar with the warehouse management system.
• Operates material handling equipment such as pallet jacks, hand trucks and barges to move stock.
• Ability to learn and comprehend distribution/production business is required.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Must communicate effectively.
• Must be able to work safely in a fast paced team environment.