Material Handler Manual SOH
About the Job
Incumbent is responsible for material handling procedures such as, the timely replenishment of pick locations, disposal of empty cartons, tape sealing completed cartons, palletizing by customer, wrapping and staging pallets for shipping. Material handlers may use material moving equipment such as pallet jacks to bring materials to an appropriate location. Incumbent must perform transactions in the inventory system by scanning each case id to the correct pick bay location
- Move cases from drop zone to area needed on the pick line.
- Open cases, scan case id using a wrist mount scanner and place in correct location on pick rack.
- Pull empty cartons from take away conveyor or designated area to be disposed of.
- Tape seal completed cartons, place on a pallet by customer , shrink wrap and move to staging area.
- Assist in physical inventories.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Read, write, add subtract, multiply and divide - understand implied instructions.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Must be able to work in a physically demanding role such as standing, bending, and lifting.
- Must learn to use a wrist mount scanner and become familiar with the WM system.
- Operates material handling equipment such as a pallet jack to move materials.
- Ability to learn and comprehend distribution/production business is required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must communicate effectively.
- Must be able to work safely in a fast paced team environment.