About the Job
Gear for Sports, a division of Hanesbrands Inc., continuously strives to provide our customers with the very best service, product and decoration. To that end, we have built the industry's largest in-house design team and exclusive patent-pending decorating capabilities that are unmatched and unavailable to our competitors. Our powerful family of recognized brands offers customers more options of high quality sportswear, headwear and accessories. Additionally, our state-of-the-art facilities enable us to produce over 70,000 decorated garments a day.
Our new hires will receive a competitive hourly rate and are eligible for an attractive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, vacation, holiday pay, parental leave and tuition assistance after completion of an eligibility period. Gear for Sports is a great place to work!
Position starts between $26-27.00 per hour!
This position's main function is to provide preventive maintenance on all GFS production and facility equipment. The Technician will develop a basic knowledge skill set in all of the following areas, SP (press, dryer, and Screen Room equipment) Embroidery (Barudan, Tajima and Laser cutting) Digital (Avalanche, Poly Pro and Tesoma dryer). Competency gained in any of these areas can lead to a Tech II position.
- Performs and maintains preventative maintenance program
- Diagnoses and repairs GFS production and facility equipment at low level of difficulty
- Builds work aids, jigs, and fixtures in close tolerances as needed
- Builds or modifies equipment from engineered drawings
- Performs and maintains preventative maintenance program as required.
- Covers on-call one or more times per month.
- Troubleshoots single phase 24 VAC-120 VAC electrical control circuits
- Works with single phase 277 VAC electrical lighting circuits
- Performs electrical repairs and wiring of 120V single phase to 480-volt 3 phase applications
- Assist with solvent recovery program
- Three or more years of experience in warehouse/production maintenance
- Industrial experience in at least one of the following: Electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical
- Some PLC experience a plus .
- Industrial experience in Electrical safety
- Knowledge of forklifts, and other warehouse powered equipment
- Possess basic PC skills
- Proficient experience in MIG welding
- Knowledge of 70 E Arc Flash, and Lock-Out Tag-Out