About the Job
Gear for Sports, a division of Hanesbrands Inc., continuously strives to provide our customers with the very best service, product and decoration. To that end, we have built the industry's largest in-house design team and exclusive patent-pending decorating capabilities that are unmatched and unavailable to our competitors. Our powerful family of recognized brands offers customers more options of high quality sportswear, headwear and accessories. Additionally, our state-of-the-art facilities enable us to produce over 70,000 decorated garments a day.
Our new hires will receive a competitive hourly rate and are eligible for an attractive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, vacation, holiday pay, parental leave and tuition assistance after completion of an eligibility period. Gear for Sports is a great place to work!
Position starts at $17.00 per hour, and is eligible for efficiency based raises! Position will start on 05/09.
This position is responsible for set-up and operation of the printing presses. The associate must ensure that art is accurately transferred to garments.
- Reads all of the work order and interpret process instructions
- Verifies work orders for ship and cancel dates; art ID numbers, art size, art type, art location, correct garment styles, correct ink colors, and compare findings to Manufacturing Production Sheet on the 10 Step Quality Form.
- Sets up order using proper color and drying sequence.
- Places screens in appropriate head, registers art, places correct ink onto designated screens, and produces a sample pellon print to verify proper registration.
- Loads garments properly
- Prints basic locations on all types of garments.
- Patch any screen pinholes that exist and tape off bulls-eyes.
- Examines each garment for print quality prior to placing garment on belt oven.
- Notifies Finisher when the first and last garments are printed for each order.
- Maintains an efficiency rating of 100% after training period.
- Keeps area and press neat and clean.
- Performs tasks in a safe manner, including verbal communication to people who are too close to the operation press.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred, but not required.
- No Computer skills needed
- No certifications needed