HR Business Partner I
About the Job
This positions main focus is on the recruitment process life cycle. This position will establish and maintain solid working relationships with hiring managers and determine hiring needs. Develop and implement effective recruiting strategies to attract, screen, recruit, and select high quality candidates. Interview/screen candidates and make recommendations to hiring managers. Negotiate job offers with candidates and clearly communicate all aspects of the offer include salary, benefits, bonuses, relocation, etc. Interact with recruitment and retention vendors for advertising, Internet job boards and applicant tracking systems. Utilize available technology to track the function and communicate efforts and planning information using metrics. Aids in being accountable for positive facility culture, diversity, effectiveness, and business compliance. This position will also assist in assessing, implementing, collaborating, monitoring, and achieving a world class distribution and/ or manufacturing system. Provides secondary HR leadership & business partnership to a DC or MFG facility.
- Manage the recruitment process life cycle, including obtaining approvals, initial assessments, interviews and offers. Implement action plans to source qualified diverse candidates to meet requirements for positions from internal, external and/or referral candidates. Screen applicant's minimum qualifications to allow only viable candidates to move into the recruiter interview process.
- Responsible for coordinating internal transfer process including verifying qualifications, coordinating interview with hiring manager and transfer date if applicable. Develops recruitment strategies to achieve desired staffing levels- analyzes applicant data and position requirements to evaluate or improve methods and techniques for recruiting, selecting, promoting and administration of the recruitment process.
- Counsels managers on ways to improve hiring efficiencies and reduce turnover. Works with management staff on position specific recruitment plans as needs arise
- Accountable to drive positive, best-in-class company culture and leads by example. Assures a safe, positive, experientially diverse, and achievement-focused workplace that is in full compliance with HBI Code of Conduct.
- Build effective relationships with hiring managers. Acts as a liaison with area employment agencies to coordinate placements. Identifies and coordinates communication to external and internal recruitment sources. Creates strategies to encourage and supplement traditional recruitment sources. Serves as a liaison to community groups, educational institutions, professional organizations, and other non-traditional recruitment sources for the purpose of developing recruitment pool sources. Works with other corporate recruitment staff to create and post internal and external position vacancy advertising.
- Ensures that all procedures are followed with the corporate office teams for compensation, benefits, payroll (including running and reporting payroll on a bi-weekly basis), talent acquisition, GEC week, etc.
- Ensures that new associates receive proper orientation. Works with various supervisors, managers, on monitoring and continually upgrading on-the-job training, as needed. Assist with associate training activities, such as HbI University, classes, seminars, conferences, and schools. Coordinates special meetings of associates and training classes, as requested by management, to ensure that each associate is kept current and informed of organizational issues, including annual Code of Conduct training.
- Identifies and leads and/or participates on employee committees, teams, and planning processes to assure process improvement is integrated into the daily operations of assigned facilities.
- Coordinate human resources activities in the absence of the HR Manager.
Associates Degree (6+ yrs. of progressive HR accountability can be substituted for degree)
2-4 years progressive HR accountability
Must be knowledgeable in many areas of HR administration including but not limited to any combination of policies and procedures, recruitment, compensation, benefits, labor relations, employee relations, organizational development, and/or talent management.
Must also be able to integrate creative thinking, problem-solving, strong analytic and exemplary presentation, and negotiation skills in daily activities. Must be committed to creating an optimum work environment for all employees.
Experience with ICIMS ATS