About the Job
The primary responsibility of a Graphic Artist is to ensure arts for each respective production type are produced accurately, on time, and in accordance with Champion quality standards. The Art Team works together in performing various duties including, but not limited to, completing arts on each work center, sales and customer service assistance, order preparation, and quality assurance.
- Completes vector artwork for screen print, embroidery, heat transfers, and/or Ultrafuse art processes including, but not limited to, template edits, and custom designs. Fields and completes basic floor rework and production prep as needed.
- Produces arts pushed to work centers by following established standard operating procedures.
- Communicates delays or problems which might keep a specific art from being completed.
- Provides assistance for sales, customer service, production, and production development team.
- Ensures quality standards are maintained when producing artwork.
- Confirms orders are accurate for sizing, placement locations, processes and garment types.
- Maintains daily production records.
- Consistently meets daily/seasonal production output and quality goals.
- Understands, submits, and maintains trademark and licensed logos.
- Maintains working knowledge of all areas of production, and order entry, as it pertains to art and production.
- Completes position specific training plan and engage in continuous development utilizing a developmental plan.
- Maintains clean and efficient work area.
- Provides ideas and suggestions for improvement of processes; participates in efficiency evaluations as needed.
- Leads art team as needed.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Technology courses, yearbook and art classes create basic concepts of art/design
- Typography studies are a plus
- Digitizing and sewing experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred or relevant coursework
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite - Knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop is critical
- Knowledge of color separations a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Able to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiative
- Able to work individually as well as part of a team
- Ability to make sound and reasonable decision