Director of Sales
About the Job
This Director of Sales position is responsible for managing an aggressive growth opportunity for the Polo Men's and Boy's Underwear and Sleepwear categories. As Director of Sales, collaboration with our retail partners is essential. In addition, this individual must work with the sales, marketing, merchandising, and planning teams to develop and execute strategies to deliver sales and profit growth. Individual must be able to lead and develop team members, collaborate and communicate cross functionally, and build strong relationships with the Polo Ralph Lauren Corporate partners. This individual must have previous sales and/or management experience in working with designer brands and partners. This role will also include additional responsibilities for Hanes and Champion Men's and Kid's basics categories for any account that carries the Polo Ralph Lauren Brand.
- Develop and execute strong sales strategies to achieve growth in the Polo Ralph Lauren brand.
- Responsible for the sales forecasting, budgeting, and planning processes for the Polo Ralph Lauren brand.
- Collaboration with key retail partners on business strategies and growth plans.
- Ability to drive strong brand positioning by developing differentiation strategies by account.
- Establish position as cross-functional leader for designer category.
- Create a collaborative, team environment across all functions of the organization.
- Be a problem solver and generate "out of the box" ideas to achieve growth for the brand.
- Strong communicator who advocates for the needs of the brand.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop and execute short and long term strategies.
- Plan, manage and execute OPC and trade budgets for the Polo Ralph Lauren brand.
- Collaborate with Planning/Management partners on weekly call projections.
- Establish measurable performance attributes for the sales team to be measured against and holds the team accountable to those attributes utilizing the AMP 2.0 process.
- Plan and execute sales-achieving account presentations with the sales team to maximize product sell-in and growth opportunities.
- Develop and demonstrate market-right product knowledge and strong business acumen that establishes self as a collaborative and strategic business partner with all stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in the designer underwear and/or sleepwear market. Retail buying and/or Wholesale background preferred.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to think strategically and to deliver financial results through leadership of team.
- Skills in strategy and business development, product merchandising, strong presentation skills, and ability to close a sales opportunity.
- Expert knowledge of the marketplace and competition.
- Travel required.
- Refined oral and written communication skills are a necessity, due to daily contact with all levels of HBI, Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation, and our customers' management. The ability to work effectively to drive results with all functional areas and at all levels is a critical part of the position.
- Incumbent must be a team player and have the ability to positively influence constituents. Must exhibit the appropriate sense of urgency at all times and be able to work well under tight deadlines. Must be able to take ownership of stated roles and achieve results. Incumbent must be committed to the highest business and ethical standards as outlined by HBI's global operating standards and must exhibit this commitment at all times.