About the Job
Route pick tickets/work orders according to all customer and HBI guidelines and methods, while ensuring on time pickup and delivery of freight and adherence to HBI shipping goals. Ensure compliance with complex routing and shipping customer guidelines to prevent chargebacks, while maintaining a consistent flow of routed pick tickets for the Order Start functional area.
- Obtain routing for customer freight by using customer guidelines for preferred carriers, ship to locations, product weight and cube limitations, and special customer logistics program.
- Know customers routing requirements or know how to obtain them for all HBI customers.
- Follow guidelines set by collect customers, including weight and cube parameters, combining orders to minimize customer transportation costs and adherence to order ship window.
- Route prepaid freight the least expensive way using established preferred carrier list.
- Follow up with any routing request to customers before the shp date and cancel date.
- Email Customer Compliance and Traffic Management any routing changes received from customers, carriers, or other Sara Lee functional areas.
- Be crossed trained to route all accounts and replace any other freight clerk when absent.
- Be knowledgeable on all departments in distribution to understand the impact of routing changes.
- Communicate with customers logistic or traffic departments utilizing the Internet, telephone and fax.
- Build loads by combining HBI or Customer orders while adhering to weight, cube and destination guidelines.
- Coordinate pickups with carriers and facilities involved, whether at LHDC, outside warehouses, etc.
- Keep accurate records on all communication with customers including routing request, approvals and exceptions.
- Schedule and set appointments for all long haul carrier pickups.
- Calculate cube and weight for requested routing.
- Provide directions to our facilities when drivers or dispatchers call.
- Prepare and distribute the "Holding for Authorization" report.
High school diploma plus one year of experience in traffic or shipping. Excellent communication and organization skills. Proficient reading, writing and math skills required. Computer skills and working knowledge of Excel. MUST BE ABLE TO WORK EXTENDED HOURS INCLUDING SATURDAYS.