Testing Technologist (2nd Shift)
About the Job
For more than 75 years, Grifols has worked to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We are a global healthcare company that produces essential plasma-derived medicines for patients and provides hospitals and healthcare professionals with the tools, information and services they need to deliver expert medical care.
Headquartered in Barcelona, Spain, Grifols has over 20.000 employees in 30 countries. Grifols’ three main divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic and Hospital - develop, manufacture and market innovative products and services available in more than 100 countries.
A leader in transfusion medicine, the Diagnostic Division is a global business focused on providing innovative solutions to help ensure the safety of the blood and plasma supply, detect human diseases and monitor therapies. The division advances patient care with diagnostic solutions to improve disease detection and management, and simplify laboratory operations.
Testing Technologist 2nd shift Monday - Friday 2:00pm to 10:30pm
- Perform high volume laboratory testing on source plasma and serum.
- Accurately and consistently perform assigned laboratory test procedures as outlined in established procedures.
- Identify instrument errors and testing inconsistencies.
- Perform routine equipment maintenance and calibration according to established schedules and procedures.
- Accurately and consistently complete the detailed documentation as required by regulatory agencies and established procedures
- 4 year Bachelor’s Degree in a life science is required.
- Speak, read and write English. Effective phone and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of dilutions, ratios and other basic laboratory math.
- Must be able to work in a team environment. Strong organizational skills are essential.
- Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written and oral instructions. Possess the ability to deal with problems within the guidelines of standardized procedures.
- Medical Technologist (ASCP) or Medical Technician (ASCP) preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance, color, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic and caustic chemicals and frequently to biological hazards. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Location: NORTH AMERICA : USA : TX-San Marcos:USSMC - San Marcos Lab, TX