Government Business Development Executive
About the Job
Government Business Development Executive
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
At Thermo Fisher BioServices, we specialize in the management of critical biological materials in support for the advancement of cell therapy, high value biologics, and population-based public health research. We provide customized end-to-end chain of custody solutions for our large pharmaceutical clients and partners in academia and government, ensuring the integrity and efficacy of their valued material from the manufacturer to the bedside. Fisher BioServices is a brand of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science, and member of the Clinical Trials Division (CTD). To learn more please visit www.fisherbioservices.com. This position is based remotely in North America.
How will you make an impact?
The Government Business Development Executive is responsible for managing the relationship for all Government related business. This includes strategic relationships with the intention to grow key customer revenue, enhance the scope of service offerings, and improve profitability, assuming ownership of the key government customer relationships (at various levels). Customers include but not limited to Barda, CDC, DOD, NIH etc. The Government relationship manager will work with the Bioservices capture team to maintain existing business while seeking out new business in which to bid with the intention of increasing growth for the business unit.
What will you do? .
- Lead and participate in the identification, qualification and pursuit of strategic business opportunities with US Government through client relationships, effective bid strategies, productive teaming, and superior proposal development.
- Obtain market intelligence and competitive data pertaining to potential targeted pursuits, and develop marketing strategies that maximize the value of that intelligence
- Build and manage a pipeline of opportunities with US Government agencies and entities doing business with the USG.
- Establishes strong senior-level relationships with customers (at Manager, VP and Director levels) and engages with executives on behalf of the government customers where appropriate
- Functions as a trusted executive advisor for strategic customer conversations and leverages industry/business knowledge to develop innovative ideas and solutions for customers.
- Conceptualizes and champions new services and expanded service offerings that address customers’ current and emerging needs; builds the business by broadening and deepening customer reliance on a range of global service offerings.
- Leads preparation of technical and business proposals submitted in response to Government Request for Proposals for all government-related business.
- Assist in developing business development goals, priorities, budgets and activities for Government contracts.
- Work with the Bioservices and Logistics sales team to identify growth opportunities within the key areas of the U.S Government and related agencies
- Able to guide the placement of work across CTD group sites, thus, making the appropriate technology, region, or capacity decision in the best interest of the sponsor study.
- Provides “voice of the customer” within the CTD organization; provides leadership oversight, coaching and guidance to ensure that customer requirements are understood, customer commitments are met, quality standards are maintained, resolves customer issues and customer relationships are strengthened. Recommends new processes aimed at improving the customer’s global service experience (e.g., speeding time to trial, eliminating redundancies, providing higher value service, etc.).
- Manages customer expectations and provides clear, ongoing communication and service updates (face-to-face communication, quarterly business reviews, weekly and monthly updates).
- Leads a cross-functional team (e.g., Project Management, Quality, IT, Finance) dedicated to providing high-quality, “end to end” service to key customers
How will you get here?
- Prefer Master’s Degree or PHD in Public Health, Biological Sciences or Business Administration.
- Prefer work experience with Biological or Clinical Trial related business
- Prefer familiarity with government and state regulations on storing, handling and distribution of biological reagents and clinical programs
- Strong Business/financial acumen
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage and profitably grow large customer accounts.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build external/internal relationships and manage conflict effectively.
- Demonstrated negotiation and influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to be creative and solve complex problems
- Strong process orientation with an ability to effectively manage projects and priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead effectively in a matrixed organization at all levels.
- Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of working time (domestic and international)
- Superb written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.