Storage Administrator 3
About the Job
Our expanding IT team is looking for a full-time Storage Administrator 3 (Backup & Recovery) for our Olathe, KS headquarters. In this role, you will p erform and plan management and administration of technology in area of specialty. Works with team members to ensure technology is effectively supporting enterprise systems . You will work with team members to ensure technology is effectively supporting enterprise systems and share knowledge with other IT associates.
Ideal candidates for this role will possess the following experience and abilities:
- Designs and develops basic integrated solutions to meet business requirements or enhance performance of Garmin's Storage Area Network and Network Attached Storage environments.
- Performs and evaluates costs analyses and vendor comparisons form small through large scale projects to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations
- Measures feasibility of various approaches and makes recommendations.
- Provides 24x7 on-call support
- Continuously develop technical subject matter expertise on established and emerging storage technologies as it relates to CIFS, NFS, SSD Storage, Storage Snapshots, Site Replication, and Data Mirroring.
- Communicate effectively regarding system operations and environment changes
- Adhere to SOX, PCI, and other regulatory requirements as dictated
- Demonstrates an understanding of Garmin's Change Control process and upholds the importance of compliance.
- Understands and avoids capacity, redundancy, and health constraints of server, storage, load balancer, and other open source systems
- Ensures that all security requirements are met or exceeded
- Provides technical input to solution development plans and concept documents
- Demonstrates understanding of business impacts of issues and how they relate to IT owned solutions
- Communicates effectively in written and verbal form in a cross-functional setting with business partners
- Shares knowledge and actively mentors less experienced IT Administrators (Administrator 1 & 2)
- Exemplifies Garmin's Mission Statement and Quality Policy and proactively works to improve Garmin's image & culture
- Performs and plans major version upgrades
- Design and implement effective monitoring of enterprise systems
- Tunes systems using experience and deep knowledge of area
- Foresees risks and communicates and mitigates those before problems arise
- Documents technical designs and procedures for team library
- Plans and manages technical projects involving other teams
- Communicates technology effectively to non-technical associates and management
- Recognizes and understands technology impacts within the business
- Consistently looks at the opportunity in all change
- Gives and receives feedback in a constructive manner
- Resolves conflicts with little assistance
- Contributes to technical research on new technologies, processes or procedures
Qualified candidates possess a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Business or another relevant field AND a minimum of 5 years relevant experience OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Other required skills:
- Ability to author and implement basic scripting and coding to automate technical needs such as to move files, backup, create configuration, or other tasks
- Demonstrates ability to solve moderately complex technical problems independently
- Demonstrated experience in successful implementation of technology solutions
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills in a small team setting
- Consistently demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work documentation and organization