Aviation Systems / Web Application Test Engineer
About the Job
If quality and testing are your thing, Garmin has your team. We're looking for systems test engineers who are driven to create quality products that enhance aviation safety and capability. From developing and executing systems test plans to reporting and analyzing results, we need self-motivated, team-oriented and confident engineers who strive for - and exceed - superiority. If you thrive on methodologies, validations and executions, we want to test you!
We are looking for a full-time Aviation Systems / Web Applications Test Engineer . In this role, you will be responsible for communicating status and schedule for the system testing needs applicable to planned deliveries. Other essential functions include:
- Test coordinator for medium to large projects of average to significant complexity, lead overall test planning and execution for that product
- Execute integration and system tests for web and mobile applications
- Develop test plans with inter-department dependencies and multi-phase deliverables
- Develop, maintain, and review test cases as necessary per test process including feature interaction, stress & performance to improve continuous test coverage
- Possess relevant experience and/or training creating test plans, conducting usability tests, and writing test scripts
- Work closely with product development team to write test plans that clearly explain test objectives and detailed test steps
- Provide feedback to development teams to ensure solutions are designed to meet system testing needs
- Analyze test results and users' feedback and communicate with product development teams to assist in problem resolution
- Provide support in debugging and reproduction problems reported in production environments
- Identify and implement improvements to system testing processes and guidance
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment
Qualified candidates possess a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Math, Physics or another related field from a four-year college or university AND a minimum of 1-year relevant experience. Other requirements include:
- Demonstrates knowledge of several complex integrated avionic functions
- Experience in testing Web-based applications and Mobile app's.
- Develop testing programs to validate software scenarios, or usability.
- Demonstrates advanced troubleshooting skills
Previous work or internship experience with aviation products is highly preferred! Pilot experience is also highly preferred!