Food Production Manager 3
About the Job
Sodexo Corporate Services is looking for a Food Operations Manager 3 to join our team at Delta Airlines Commissary Kitchen location in Boston MA with on-site parking available!. This location manages and directs the operation of the airline in-flight kitchen. Total MV of 5 million dollars. The Food Operations Manager 3 will manage a total of 40 hourly employees. Duties include but not limited to:
- Reports directly to the Operations or General manager depending on the size of the operation.
- Liaises with sales to determine customer requirements
- Approves materials, costs, manufacturing equipment, and the size of workforce needs to manufacture goods
- Maintains operational standards
- Develops a production schedule detailing all tasks and when they should be completed by to meet predicted completion date
- Liaises with customers, suppliers, the human resources department, and maintenance employees to ensure all workers, materials, and machinery will be available when required
- Monitors production progress to ensure it's following the schedule
- Troubleshoots problems that occur during production, including staff shortages and machinery malfunctions with the operations management
- Organises paperwork, including purchase orders, and maintains records
- Monitors production and raw material costs
- Collects and assesses data about the production and team's performance
- Prepares reports about production processes for upper management and suggests ways to improve efficiency
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a large facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety. Key Duties- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree Basic Management Experience - 2 years Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.