About the Job
As part of Corporate Finance, the Sarbanes-Oxley team provides oversight and governance of the SOX and FDICIA program across the Bank, in a very dynamic environment. The successful candidate will:
- Work under the direction of SOX 404 Manager and in collaboration with Senior SOX Analyst
- Interface with business line colleagues in various functions, such as Commercial, Consumer Lending, Financial Reporting, and Information Technology, etc. to assist in gaining an understanding of how the functions are carried out and to ensure that financial reporting and disclosure risks are appropriately identified and addressed by adequately designed controls.
- Assist and perform effectiveness testing of these controls, assessing potential deficiencies, communicating results, and working with business lines to ensure that deficiencies are timely and thoroughly remediated.
- Challenge the status quo in order to enhance the procedures and/or controls of the Bank.
- This position will provide exposure to a wide range of Bank operations and management, as well as participate in ad-hoc special projects with not only departmental, but Bank-wide impact.
- Highly motivated team player
- 1-3 years’ experience in external or internal audit, accounting, risk or information technology; preferably with a public company in the banking and financial services industry.
- Fully proficient in PC tools (Microsoft Office).
- Good organizational, as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Some knowledge and experience with Sarbanes-Oxley 404/302 desirable
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other related degree
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Why Work with Us
At Citizens, you’ll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank and Citizens Securities, Inc. to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries, and Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania.