About the Job
The Controller’s group within Citizens Bank is seeking an individual to work on the Fixed Asset & Lease Accounting team. This individual will perform accounting and reconciliation functions for the bank’s portfolio of fixed assets, property & equipment leases, and ongoing capital projects. This position will partner with the team’s internal customers to provide expertise, guidance and assistance related to fixed asset and lease accounting. Additionally, this individual will prepare quarterly fixed asset and leasing schedules for the bank’s financial reporting teams and external auditors.
- Prepare entries to general ledger and perform account reconciliations
- Partner with the various lines of business throughout the bank regarding capital projects, fixed assets and leases
- Review requests for capital spending for completeness, accuracy and compliance with policy
- Create Oracle projects and capitalize assets as appropriate
- Calculate capital interest and apply to cost of projects
- Monitor open and on-hold capital projects to ensure they are viable assets in process
- Critically review supporting documentation provided by the bank’s lines of business and provide effective challenge to that documentation when necessary
- Approve and process miscellaneous transactions to capital projects
- Prepare schedules for the bank’s financial reporting teams, tax department and auditors
- Participate in accounting system implementations and upgrades
- 2-4 years relevant accounting and/or reconciliation experience in a large multi-divisional/multi-entity company (banking preferred)
- Experience with large general ledger systems (experience with the Oracle general ledger system is preferred)
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Excel & Word)
- Strong quantitative, analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Why Work with Us
At Citizens, you’ll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank and Citizens Securities, Inc. to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries, and Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania.