Executive Chef 2
About the Job
Are you current in culinary trends? Do you consider yourself a modern, cutting-edge culinarian? Do you thrive in a fast paced kitchen environment? Grow your culinary career with a management position with Sodexo!
Sodexo Campus Services has an exciting career opportunity for a highly motivated, customer-oriented Executive Chef 2 to join our team in our North Dakota Campus market. The Executive Chef will be very involved in Resident Life, have strong mentoring/training skills and will work directly with staff in production for daily operation and high volume or high end catering.
We are seeking Chef candidates with the following in their culinary “toolkits”:
Sodexo Chefs do enjoy a more “balanced” work schedule than most restaurants and hotels but will work some evenings and weekends for catering and special events. If you possess these culinary qualities and can impress in the kitchen then come join Sodexo Education, the leading campus dining provider, serving more than 600 higher education campuses throughout the country!
Why YOU should consider North Dakota living:
Friendlier Living - Ever heard of North Dakota Nice? It’s a way of life around here. Why are people so friendly? That’s easy – no rush hour, welcoming neighborhoods and living freely.
Key indicators of the economic and business development opportunities in the Dakotas - point to it’s diversity and vitality. We are repeatedly recognized:
- as a top place to live • as a Best Small Places for Business & Careers • among the Most Secure Small Cities • • among the top 100 best places to live in the U.S.
- Quality of life: - Beautiful Four Season Living - Great opportunities if you love outdoor activities, hiking, biking, fishing, hunting.
Working for Sodexo:
- We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
- How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
- Sound like the opportunity you have been looking for? APPLY TODAY! #LI
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution. Key Duties- Implements & coordinates the culinary function. - Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.- Manages catering & retail areas.- Customer & Client satisfaction.- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree Basic Management Experience - 2 years Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.