Executive Chef 3
About the Job
Sodexo Aviation has an exciting opportunity for an accomplished Executive Chef 3 to join the elite team of professionals who will operate the first of nine global United Polaris lounges, this one being at Newark International Airport. We are seeking a talented individual who will commit to the challenges of creating and delivering a culinary- driven fine dining experience within a thoughtfully designed travel oasis.
The ideal chef will have a culinary degree as well as eclectic menu knowledge and fine dining ala carte experience.
This is a hands-on chef role requiring previous experience managing high volume, upscale food production.
Bring your creative talent and take to the skies with Sodexo Aviation!
Learn more about the new United Polaris lounges: https://youtu.be/EXAzQJQzNx8
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
The ideal candidate has:
- 8-10 years of experience as an Executive Chef in a high volume/fine dining/ upscale restaurant/food contract aviation setting is a plus.
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- previous experience working in a high volume facility; and
- strong management skills.
Provides culinary leadership within a large sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution. Key Duties- Implements & coordinates the culinary function. - Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.- Manages catering & retail areas.- Customer & Client satisfaction.- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.