Executive Chef 2
About the Job
Sodexo currently has an opportunity for an Executive Chef 2 to provide exceptional leadership to our culinary team at Medical University of South Carolina, a 750 -bed academic medical center located in Charleston, SC-this is a Sodexo blue chip account. A new 200 bed Children's and Woman's hospital is under construction and is scheduled to open in 2019 so this location is growing!
The Executive Chef will be responsible for all of the food production at Ashley River Tower, a $1.5 Million Dollar retail account. This 200-bed hospital located on the MUSC campus offers At Your request Dining, a full service cafeteria and limited catered events. The executive Chef will participate in demonstration cooking events and must be comfortable speaking to audiences. This is a high impact, high visibility position that is responsible for enhancing our patient satisfaction thru food quality, and retail customer dining experience through culinary creativity, food presentation and overall leadership presence.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Provides supervision and direction for approximately 15 employees.
- Oversees food service production for inpatient services, a high volume retail location and catering for this quality driven environment.
- Oversees all aspects of the culinary function for the production environment including menu development, inventory, purchasing, waste control, and cost analysis.
- Manages the Sodexo Food Management System (FMS), and all Sodexo goal check standards.
- Oversees food service operations including menu design, purchasing, labor control, waste control, and culinary training, safety and sanitation.
- Accountable for positively impacting patient satisfaction associated with food service.
- Provides ongoing training and coaching to the culinary team, including Sodexo required training.
- Actively becomes involved in the account through exhibition cooking, educational presentations, and cooking presentations.
- Responsible for growing relationships with key client contacts as well as collaborating and with the client and Sodexo management team on achieving annual operational projects and goals.
- Ensures compliance with Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance.
- Assists with food cost management and overall cost controls for the unit.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards at all levels.
- Ensures compliance to Sodexo operating policies and procedures and works to maintain those standards.
- Accountable for the execution of service quality and ensures customer and client satisfaction.
Ideally, qualified candidates will have the following experience:
- Energetic, polished culinary professional with a passion for the culinary arts.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, engaging and leading a culinary team and exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current wellness and culinary trends to include sustainability.
- A strong production culinary background, ideally in the healthcare setting.
- Background in catering, including menu planning, food production, and food presentation.
- Ability to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers at all levels.
- Strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts.
- Excellent computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills.
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits.
- In addition to offering a great opportunity, this position also provides a competitive salary, great benefits…and so much more!!
Click here to learn more about Sodexo Health Care
Please visit our Network with Us page and consider signing up for our Career Connections eNewsletter. Connect with Sodexo Recruiters on LinkedIn.
Connect, Search and Apply all on the go with the Sodexo Jobs App!
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution. Key Duties- Implements & coordinates the culinary function. - Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.- Manages catering & retail areas.- Customer & Client satisfaction.- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree Basic Management Experience - 2 years Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.