Food Production Manager 3
About the Job
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Food Production Manager 3 to oversee the production operations at the University of Tennessee - Martin located in Martin, TN! UT Martin is a long-term Sodexo account that has an updated resident dining and retail format for the 1,900 resident students we serve each day. Two hours away from Nashville and a great student worker population makes this a great place to work.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Food Production Manager 3 will lead the culinary team with planning, organizing and managing the daily food production. The Production Manager will be responsible for managing the culinary operations.
Ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas of managing the back of the house:
- food and labor management systems
- inventory controls
- managing food and labor costs
- food production planning and on-line ordering
- Strong employee communication and delegation skills
** RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE WITH THIS POSITION!! **
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a large facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety. Key Duties- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree Basic Management Experience - 2 years Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.