Executive Chef 2
About the Job
Sodexo Health Care is seeking an Executive Chef 2 for St. Luke's Monroe, a 109 bed acute care, non - union environment located in Stroudsburg, Pa. This Executive Chef will oversee the food operations for all levels of care, will report to the General Manager and manage a staff of approximately 32 FT, PT, and Per Diem hourly employees including cooks, utility, host, and retail. Shifts will vary with typical shift being 9:00am - 5:30pm, with every other weekend coverage and some holidays.
Is this opportunity right for you?
Are you an experienced chef ready to take your career to the next level? At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train front-line employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- prior food service experience in a healthcare environment is a plus;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- ability to oversee multiple dining venues; and
- strong management skills.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution. Key Duties- Implements & coordinates the culinary function. - Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.- Manages catering & retail areas.- Customer & Client satisfaction.- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree Basic Management Experience - 2 years Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.