CDL-A Local Truck Driver
About the Job
Working at Averitt Express isn't about punching the clock. It's about working with people who trust you, serving people who depend on you, and getting home to people who love you. It's about investing in something big - for you, your family, and Averitt. Our family continues to grow and we're always looking for unique individuals who will be committed to our customers, our associates, and our future. If you're ready to see what it means to put on Averitt Red, we'll be glad to speak to you! It'll be our pleasure for you to join our ever-growing family!
Local CDL-A Truck Drivers are the champions of a local area, having the opportunity to develop long-term relationships with the customers they serve. They enjoy in-cab technology that makes it a breeze to talk with dispatch and navigate a route. If you are a fan of daily home time, then becoming a local driver for Averitt is an ideal position for you. Turn to Averitt Express if you are looking for not only a promising and rewarding career, but if you are ready to be a part of something bigger: a legacy that will live forever.
This is an evening position that primarily drives city and shuttle routes, but works dock as needed.
Will be paid according to job performed; hourly pay while driving city and working on the dock and milage pay while running shuttle.
** Must have Class A CDL with Hazmat & Tanker endorsements **
**One (1) year of recent Class A tractor trailer driving experience preferred however training may be available for candidates with:
- 4+ months full-time verifiable experience within the past 3 years OR
- 1 year full-time verifiable experience within the past 5 years OR
- Recent graduates from CDL training school and/or trucking company training programs
NOTE: Training availability may vary by location
CDL-A Local Truck Driver Benefits:
- Daily Home Time
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as
-$75.70 per week for family
- $30.55 per week for unmarried individuals.
- (With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.)
- Profit Sharing and 401 (k) plans
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Uniform program
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off/ vacation
- Other career advancement opportunities within Averitt
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and most meals
- Referral rewards program
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- 1 year full-time verifiable tractor- trailer experience within past 3 years preferred; for lesser experience see training options above
- Drivers must have Class A CDL with Hazmat & Tanker endorsements (tanker required for portable totes) - No convictions for reckless driving within the past 5 years
- No convictions for DUI within the past 5 years
- No suspensions or revocations within the past 5 years
- No serious violations within the previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offenses committed in a CMV in connection with a fatality)
- No more than 3 moving violations within past 3 years
- No Preventable DOT Recordable accidents within the past 3 years
- Load freight - lift requirement: 80 lbs
- Unload freight -lift requirement: 80 lbs
- Move freight - force requirement: 54 lbs
- Open/close trailer door - force requirement: 46 lbs
- Enter/Exit a Commercial Motor Vehicle
- Enter/Exit the rear of a trailer from ground level
- Count freight
- Complete bill of lading
- Complete fuel tickets
- Obtain sales leads
- Secure extra shipments
- Hook/Unhook trailer - force requirement: 90 lbs
- Complete delivery receipt
- Perform pre-trip inspections
- Regular predictable attendance
- Operate forklift