Senior Credit Risk Manager - Advance Analytics
About the Job
This is a great opportunity to become a key member of Citizens Bank growing unsecured lending division. The Senior Credit Risk manager will be a key member of the credit risk team that is tasked with combining advance tools and techniques with expertise in credit risk strategy formulation to optimize credit risk exposure in unsecured lending, improve performance and accelerate safe and sound growth. This position requires strong, collaborative, and cross functional partnerships to ensure credit risk strategies and broader business line objectives are achieved.
- Become a credit risk domain expert for Citizens unsecured lending products, conducting rigorous quantitative analysis to improve our business partnerships and identify sound opportunities
- Leverage credit risk domain expertise to solve business-related problems of a primarily quantitative nature by conducting quantitative analyses across the credit risk management spectrum (Targeting, Underwriting and Account Management)
- Understanding and adapting to changing consumer behavior by mining the vast amounts of available data and maximum swap in/ swap out of segments without altering the overall risk profile
- Collect data through designing experiments and utilize quantitative research methods to convert the data into actionable recommendations
- Work cross-functionally with product management team, marketing and pricing to instrument and measure key metrics, build best-class credit strategies and design hypothesis-driven experiments.
- Implementing step change improvements in reporting capabilities by focusing on value added activities that support both internal and external stakeholders
- Providing relevant and material credit risk updates that support a pro-business approach that is based on a credit controlled philosophy
- Proven ability to quickly adapt to rapidly changing contexts while maintaining quality and timelines
- 3-5 years of relevant experiences in the usage of analytics to evaluate risk in consumer lending, credit card issuer, banking or in other relevant fields (Telco, Near Prime Lending, alternative lenders, Mobile, ecommerce, Fintechs, data aggregators, capital markets, rating agencies)
- Relevant experiences using technical tools to derive analytical insights (SAS, R, SPSS, Tableau or other relevant statistical package)
- Ability to make clear, coherent and holistic recommendations based on quantitative analysis and get buy-in from both technical and non-technical audiences across all levels.
- Aptitude to pick up new technical skills and desire to learn new ways of evaluating traditional and non-traditional credit data
- Exceptional ability in working with numbers and statistics
- Experiences in the usage of analytics to evaluate credit risk or fraud risk in non-banking industries (Telco, Mobile, ecommerce, Fintechs, data aggregators, capital markets, rating agencies) can supplement experience in consumer lending
- Experience with the entire data lifecycle: collection, storage architecture, BI tools, insights, algorithm generation, and data-driven business planning
- Hand-on modeling experience in areas of linear regression, logistic regression, multinomial regression, multivariate analysis, discriminant analysis, principal components analysis/factor analysis, time series analysis, and panel data analysis
- Undergraduate degree in business, statistics, data science, behavioral economics, computer science, applied mathematics or any other relevant quantitative fields
- Preferred Masters in Computer Science, Behavioral Economics, Math, Physics, Engineering or quantitative field
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8-5
Why Work with Us
At Citizens, you’ll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries, and Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania.