About the Job
- Perform detailed test work, applying regulatory examination procedures when assessing business line practices and procedures. Any control weaknesses, regulatory violations, and/or inefficiencies will be confirmed with and reported to business line management.
- Produce clear, complete, concise, and well-organized workpapers in accordance with Internal Audit’s Methodology.
- Act as lead auditor on sections of large audit engagements or lead auditor on small audit engagements, with responsibility for supervising Staff Auditors.
- Collaborate across the larger Internal Audit team to support the assessment of mortgage-related risk in Consumer Banking and Risk Management functions.
- Execute certain routine team responsibilities, such as performance of continuous monitoring activities, team scheduling, or representing the Internal Audit team at meetings with business line management.
- Travel on a limited basis (between 10% and 15%).
- Familiarity with consumer lending products, sales, processing, underwriting, and/or servicing, including relevant regulatory guidance and industry initiatives
- Strong knowledge of operational and compliance risk
- Strong technical audit skills
- High level knowledge of banking/financial services business processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- 3-5+ years financial industry experience preferred in the auditing, consumer lending, consumer operations, or risk management areas.
- Bachelor ‘s Degree, preferably with a business major, or an advanced degree in a related field.
- Professional certification, such as CIA certification.
Key Success Factors
Knowledge, skills & abilities that typically lead to success in the job include:
Will be included only on templates if we have it
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Why Work with Us
At Citizens, you’ll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank and Citizens Securities, Inc. to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries, and Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania.