Mortgage Pricing and Profitability Manager
About the Job
The Mortgage Profitability Manager manages profitability and pricing analytics for Mortgage products.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop, Coach and mentor team
- Development and execution of pricing strategies for new originations as well as existing portfolio.
- Delivery of profitability analysis and strategic planning as well as development and maintenance of systems or models to support this function.
- Prepares and analyzes product pricing and program financials and develops executive level management presentations, business reviews, key findings and recommendations.
- Pro-actively identifies new market opportunities and risks arising from competitive, regulatory and other internal and external factors.
- Provides recommendations to enhance product and customer profitability. Ensures proper policies and procedures are in place to document pricing decisions.
- Develops and maintains pricing and profitability models/pro formas to support new business initiatives.
- Gathers data and performs analytics to properly backtest and validate models and documents assumptions that provide the basis for pricing and profitability measurement.
- Collaborates closely with colleagues across the organization to develop and refine models.
- Acts as lead financial expert on cross-functional teams to establish processes for developing financial analysis and business cases associated with potential new strategies.
- Trains and develops other analysts.
- Organizes and plans workflows.
- Ensures effective departmental policies and procedures are developed and maintained.
- Design and implement model documentation, monitoring & back testing,
- Promote engagement with the business by demonstrating professionalism and enthusiasm when handling requests for analysis and reports
- Review and assure accuracy, consistency and theoretical soundness of analysis performed by other analysts or customers
- 5-10 years of experience in the consumer banking industry
- 3 years of management experience
- Strong organizational and leadership skills: plans, reviews and tackle obstacles to excellence; ability to utilize persuasion and build relationships to win support for the benefit of the business; builds confidence and inspires others to achieve success for the business; uses scenario planning to consider the implications of different scenarios
- Mastery of theoretical and practical accounting and finance concepts and techniques including discounted cashflow analysis, ROE, economic capital, funds transfer pricing, etc.
- Excellent analytical and research skills: ability to interpret financial results and business indicators to identify trends
- Skilled in software applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, SAS and SQL a plus
- Proficiency in analytical spreadsheet skills and data manipulation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable asking challenging questions yet collaborate for success of the business
- Experience with statistical and quantitative analysis required
- Home lending experience required
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelors degree required, MBA preferred
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40 Hours
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday
Why Work with Us
At Citizens, you’ll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank and Citizens Securities, Inc. to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries, and Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania.