Environmental Services / Custodial Manager 2
About the Job
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Environmental Services Manager 2 for Riley Children’s Hospital, which is part of Indiana University Health System, located in Indianapolis IN. This hospital has 300 beds. This is a 2nd shift opportunity, (2:30p start time). The successful candidate will be required to participate in a rotational on call schedule involving rotating weekends and holidays.
The ideal candidate will have prior ES/Custodial Management experience in a healthcare/hospital environment. Candidate must have excellent oral, written and communication skills and the ability to develop positive relationships. Also, must have the ability to handle multiple priorities at once in a fast paced environment.
Seeking a "Difference Maker" to enhance our overall impact for our patient satisfaction scores, employee engagement, and have a passion for training.
-customer service & client relations -creating strategic action plans for work areas & project planning -strong computer skills to include: tele-tracking and email --hospital or hotels EVS experience a plus
-focus on patient satisfaction is paramount
We are looking for a candidate who:
- is a leader who develops and motivates a team to exceed the expectations of clients and customers in service and the technical execution of a health care housekeeping system;
- has in-depth knowledge of Sodexo ES systems and processes including TRAKKAR, UOS, Gold Check, ENGAGE and black light inspections;
- possesses strong leadership skills and has the ability to work independently to drive program compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
- has 1-2 years previous custodial or housekeeping management experience in a hospital or healthcare environment;
- has the ability to analyze data, present and effectively communicate to all levels within the organization related to training, leading hospital committees and change management; has experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon timelines;is proficient with computers and other technology.
Sodexo offers a competitive salary, paid training, extensive education and continuous learning opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package designed with work-life balance in mind that includes 3 weeks of vacation during the first year of employment.
At Sodexo Health Care, patients are the heart of everything we do. Our ability to create a clean, healthy and comfortable environment for hospitals is key to the success of our company. Come be a part of Sodexo where patients are the heart of everything we do.
Apply online today!
Provides management oversight for Environmental Services non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service Programs. Ensures Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place as required to consistently meet all company, client, and regulatory requirements. Responsible for non-exempt work force planning through effective scheduling, development of daily work flow assignments, training and development, and monitoring for compliance to the plan.
Key Duties-Establishes a safe work environment for clients, customers and staff by ensuring equipment safety and compliance with Sodexho safety and loss prevention programs and by providing safety-related training and equipment inventory maintenance.
-Provide leadership and direction to non-exempt employees-Coordinate/conduct employee training-Administer Human Resource processes (hiring, performance reviews, constructive counseling, prepare work schedules, payroll, etc.)-Interact with outside vendors-Ensure Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place and consistently met.-Develop/implement action plans for improvement in compliance with Sodexo Operating Standards as identified. -Reviews and maintains assigned areas of the Sodexo/Client budget commitments
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.