About the Job
At Sodexo we believe that Quality of Daily Life contributes to the progress of individuals and the performance of organizations. Sodexo designs, manages and delivers comprehensive service solutions through On-site Service Solutions and Motivation Solutions to create an outstanding experience for the people we serve. We have an exceptional career opportunity for a Chef Manager to lead our culinary team at Harper Hutzel Hospital in Detroit. MI. This position supports our mission by providing safe, wholesome and innovative food to our patients, customers (retail and Catering) as well as hospital employees in a variety of settings.
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities. You’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Sodexo’s Chefs are responsible for:
· Managing the daily food production including production planning and controls
· Ensuring Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality
· Food cost management, controls and compliance
· Menu development and inventory management
· High expectations for customer service and quality of food
· Ability and willingness to develop and train front-line employees
· Passion for food and innovation
· Knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) preferred
The ideal candidate has:
· A strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends
· Excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies
· Previous experience working in a high volume facility
· Strong management skills
Responsible for the day to day execution of the menus & culinary deliverables. May be responsible for smaller units within a multi-location.
Key Duties- Executes the culinary function.- Customer & Client satisfaction.- Handles administrative functions.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED or equivalent Basic Management Experience - 1 year Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.