Executive Chef 1
About the Job
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Executive Chef 1 for Kansas State University Perfomance Table in Manhattan, KS! Kansas State University Performance Table is part of the Sodexo operation at Bill Snyder Family Stadium and other Athletic Facilities. This Chef reports to an Executive Chef 2 and works hand in hand with Performance Table Manager and Client's Nutritionist.
Ideal candidate will have:
- College/University/Stadium/Arena culinary experience;
- Strong culinary background with experience in catering and high volume venues;
- Emphasis on food presentation, quality, execution, menu design & implementation;
- Focus on customer service excellence;
- Demonstrated experience providing strong leadership, including supervision, direction and training, to a diverse team of employees;
- Focus on food and physical safety and sanitation;
- Experience managing food and labor cost controls to meet targets;
- High level of computer literacy and skill-set;
- Strong understanding of financials and strong analytical thinking skills;
- Great client relations and a desire to be invested in the local campus/community.
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Reports to Executive chef 2, works hand in hand with Performance Table Manager and Client's Nutritionist.
Provides culinary leadership within a small sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through executionKey Duties-Executes the culinary function-Customer & Client satisfaction-Manages food & physical safety program.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree Basic Management Experience - 2 years Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.