Executive Chef 2
About the Job
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 2 to support our business in the Cone Health System. This position is a Regional Operations Support position and provides culinary assistance for a defined period of time to an assigned location usually lasting up to 12 months located in Greensboro, NC
Sodexo provides a number of non-clinical services and supports the Cone Health in their journey to be a World Class provider of health care. This position supports that mission by providing leadership for our culinary team in the delivery of safe, sanitary and innovative food options for our Patients, Customers as well as hospital Employees in a variety of settings. Assignments can vary from one day to several weeks and the schedule will be dependent on unit needs.
This role is a perfect opportunity to see first-hand how Sodexo teams work to improve the Quality of Life for our Clients, Employees and Patients. In this role, the successful candidate will experience our services in a variety of hospital settings, develop relationships with peers and will ultimately provide a solid base upon which to build a long-term career at Sodexo.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience and/or training in the Food Management Process, including Food Safety, automated Menu Management, Ordering, Receiving, Storage and Preparation. Prior catering experience desired.
Is this opportunity right for you?
Are you an experienced chef ready to take your career to the next level? At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train front-line employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- increase daily sales and drive retail transactions;
- monitor retail sales as well as audit daily weekly sales transactions;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- previous experience working in a high volume facility; and
- strong management skills.
- Exhibit Sodexo’s “CARES” behaviors (Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Service)
- Have the experience and drive to improve Patient, Employee and Customer Satisfaction
- Experience with At Your Request Room Service Dining and be able to implement and adhere to the Sodexo operating standards for this program.
- Drive and dependability
- Ability to inspire employees to excel in Patient and Customer interactions
- Be able to deliver superior results by directing and motivating a team of employees to complete assigned responsibilities
Careers in Healthcare:
Working for Sodexo in Healthcare allows you to offer patients, healthcare professionals and caregivers around the world the best healthcare experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Sodexo’s unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Keywords: Executive Chef, Production Manager, Kitchen Manager, Production Supervisor, Food and Beverage Manager, #LI
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution. Key Duties- Implements & coordinates the culinary function. - Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.- Manages catering & retail areas.- Customer & Client satisfaction.- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree Basic Management Experience - 2 years Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.