Facilities / Engineering Manager (Energy)
About the Job
Sodexo is seeking a Facilities / Engineering Manager focusing on Energy Management for the Troy University in Troy, AL. This position reports to the Physical Plant System Wide Director for the Troy University Physical Plant. The Energy Manager will be responsible for managing energy within a university system. The Energy Manager will work as a member of the Troy University Physical Plant team to reduce campus energy consumption and help promote energy efficiency and sustainability practices. The Energy Manager is the driving force on-site responsible to identify, develop and implement energy management projects and protocols. The Energy Manager is supported by the members of the Troy University Physical Plant team at the site.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 125,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 9,000 client sites and more than 15 million customers a day in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Facilities Manager with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Direct responsibility for implementing and / or managing all aspect of the energy program at Troy University for all Alabama campus locations consistent with the objectives, financial parameters, and technical requirements to deliver energy cost reductions.
- Performing or participating in energy audits of the University facilities.
- Identifying and developing energy conservation measures (ECM's) and initiatives, including calculating expected energy savings, estimating implementation costs and calculating simple paybacks.
- Developing ECM scopes of work to allow for soliciting contractor pricing.
- Project management of contractor ECM implementation.
- Oversight of ECM commissioning and operator training to ensure system performance as planned to generate expect energy savings.
- Regularly review and monitor campus HVAC systems via building automation systems to verify systems are operating as required to achieve energy savings goals.
- Monitoring of facility operating practices to identify opportunities to improve or modify practices to reduce energy costs.
- Training of facilities operation personnel in energy efficient operating practices.
- Management of utility billing data and oversee the entry of utility data into a utility bill tracking database.
- Developing Energy Management Program reports detailing program energy and cost savings as well as capital projects implemented.
- Follow-up, understand and advise the University on energy commodity market issues.
- Participate in and support campus sustainability initiatives.
- Maintain Sodexo’s SMART tool and provide quarterly reports and actions plans.
- Experience analyzing or working with alternative fuel resources
- Requires the ability to be a change agent and influence facilities behaviors to reinforce energy efficient operations on site.
- Conducts daily building rounds identifying and documenting ECM.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Education: BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Facilities Management or equivalent
- PE license or CEM Certification (will be required to obtain as a condition of hire)
- Experience developing and implementing energy management programs and / or energy savings projects
- Working knowledge of building energy systems, i.e. lighting, HVAC/R, boiler, steam, hot water and chilled water systems.
- A hands-on working knowledge of building automation / energy management systems
- An understanding of utility rate structures and the competitive natural gas and electricity markets is a plus
- Possess highly developed interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills (oral & written)
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Supervises hourly staff providing facilities maintenance and engineering services to clients. Responsible for work force planning, QA training, and administrative functions of the designated area of supervision. May report to GM in smaller accounts, or to an Ops Manager in a larger account, or to another manager level.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.