Executive Chef 2
About the Job
At Sodexo we believe that Quality of Daily Life contributes to the progress of individuals and the performance of organizations. Sodexo designs, manages and delivers comprehensive service solutions through On-site Service Solutions and Motivation Solutions to create an outstanding experience for the people we serve.
We have an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Executive Chef 2 at Stanford Hospital in Palo Alto. CA.
Reporting to our Executive Chef, you will be responsible for managing the daily food production in a variety of settings. The work schedule for this position is Sunday thru Thursday.
- manage the daily food production in retail and catering including production labor to budget
- supervises the production cooks, cold prep team and the catering cook
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality
- manage food costing, controls and compliance
- manage and uphold the food safety and sanitation in compliance with Sodexo and State and Local Health Department standards
- train and develop frontline employees
- have a passion for food and innovation
- experience with online Food Management Systems
The ideal candidate:
- possesses a strong culinary background in high volume operations with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends
- has managed a union workforce
- has excellent leadership and communication skills
- portrays high expectations for customer service and quality of food
- is ServSafe certified, culinary degree preferred
Careers in Healthcare:
Working for Sodexo in Healthcare allows you to offer patients, healthcare professionals and caregivers around the world the best healthcare experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Sodexo’s unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Connect with this recruiter on LinkedIn or Twitter.
Please visit the Sodexo Network with Us page and consider signing up for our Career Connections eNewsletter.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution. Key Duties- Implements & coordinates the culinary function. - Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.- Manages catering & retail areas.- Customer & Client satisfaction.- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree Basic Management Experience - 2 years Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.