About the Job
Citizens Bank is looking for a highly motivated and talented individual to join the Internal Audit team as a Staff Auditor. The Internal Audit team is made up of over 100 skilled professionals with the mission of consistently providing the Board, Audit Committee, Shareholders, and Executive Management with an independent and objective view of the effectiveness of the Bank’s control environment, risk management practices, and culture. The Staff Auditor will be responsible for delivering aspects of an audit in the Consumer Banking and Treasury Operations divisions of Citizens Bank. Under the supervision of an Audit Manager or Senior Auditor, the Auditor will assess risk in line with bank policy, industry standards, and regulatory requirements. The Staff Auditor will also have the opportunity to perform audit work in other divisions of the bank as required under the Audit Plan.
The Staff Auditor's responsibilities will include:
- Identify, analyze, and conclude upon the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of internal controls, applying regulatory examination procedures where applicable and assessing compliance with governing bank policy.
- Identify and document internal control weaknesses, quantifying exposure and identifying root causes of weaknesses.
- Produce clear, complete, concise, and well-organized work papers in accordance with Internal Audit’s Methodology.
- Meet with business line management to identify processes, risks, and controls, and to contribute to the design of the testing strategy.
- Execute continuous monitoring activities for assigned business areas, working with the supervisory auditor to assess and conclude upon the quality of internal controls.
- The Staff Auditor may perform adhoc analysis and reporting and participate in special projects.
- Travel on a limited basis (between 10% and 15%).
- 2+ years financial industry experience preferred in the auditing, risk management, accounting, finance or operational functions.
- Familiarity with accounting/finance principles, functions, and operations.
- Technical audit skills.
- High level knowledge of banking/financial services business processes and regulations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Education and Certification:
- Bachelor‘s Degree, preferably with a business major, or an advanced degree in a related field.
- MBA preferred.
- Professional certification, such as CPA / CIA certification, preferred.
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Why Work with Us
At Citizens, you’ll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank and Citizens Securities, Inc. to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries, and Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania.