Executive Chef 1
About the Job
Sodexo Sports & Leisure is seeking a creative Executive Chef 1 to create new offers, supervise production, control costs and train culinary staff at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago, IL.
This Executive Chef 1 will lead culinary operations in the Brain Food Court where fresh and local foods are featured, made to order. The main stations include a grill, pizza, pasta, deli, salads, soups and entrees. There is also a cafe where we brew Starbucks and custom drinks and an ice cream parlor.
- Oversee culinary operations for retail operations - offering fresh and innovative food for the guests featuring scratch made, seasonal and local fare
- Will direct the preparation of food production and provide creativity of new menus
You are/have experience:
- Ability to manage high volume culinary retail operations
- Exemplary communication skills with the ability to lead a large team
- Experience in successfully controlling food & labor costs, creating & costing menus
- Ordering, managing the inventory, training & scheduling of the culinary team
- Managing the culinary operations of a full service restaurant or hotel highly preferred
- Experience with safety and sanitation controls, HACCP, food ordering & inventory as well as hiring, training & managing staff
- Knowledgeable of new, innovative ideas and trends
The Museum of Science & Industry is a historic building with exciting exhibits to provide entertainment to daytime visitors as well as evening events. MSI is one of the largest science museums in the world with thousands of exhibits and artifacts. The museum is only steps away from Lake Michigan and easily accessible by public transportation. There is complimentary parking in the underground, attached garage.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Retail Management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Sodexo's Sports and Leisure division specializes in the customer service delivering outstanding food and FM service. Learn more about the exciting venues managed by Sodexo Leisure: Sodexo Sports & Leisure
Provides culinary leadership within a small sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through executionKey Duties-Executes the culinary function-Customer & Client satisfaction-Manages food & physical safety program.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree Basic Management Experience - 2 years Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.