General Manager / Chef Manager
About the Job
At Sodexo we believe that Quality of Daily Life contributes to the progress of individuals and the performance of organizations. Sodexo designs, manages and delivers comprehensive service solutions through On-site Service Solutions and Motivation Solutions to create an outstanding experience for the people we serve. We have a new career opportunity for a Chef Manager in Rapid City SD.
Reporting to District Manager our Chef Manager, will support our food service operations including, retail café, internal catering services and food production.
Responsibilities and key expectations for this position include:
- Performing daily breakfast and lunch program.
- Lead the frontline staff in providing an exceptional customer service experience to the customers and patients we serve
- Complete daily kitchen inspections
- Manage HALO POS system in bistro cafe
- Ensure consistency in food quality and presentation to all customers served
- Implement new programs and systems to support our food service operations
- Maintain HACCP and safety standards for the operation
- Creating staff schedules
- Maintain Sodexo's cash handling standards, accounting, and reporting processes
- Prepare operating reports and compile unit data for our client
- Partner with frontline staff to enhance engagement and develop their skill sets
- Ability to build and maintain strong client and customer relationships
The work schedule for this position is Monday thru Friday, 6:00 am to 4:00 pm. Qualifications for the Food Operations Manager includes experience in retail food service operations and catering services experience. Prior food service experience in management or customer service preferred. Position requires an individual with exceptional drive and initiative, excellent communications skills and computer literacy. HACCP knowledge and ServSafe certification required.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account
Key Duties- Provides team leadership & training- Controls unit financials- Directs daily food operations for quality & safety standards- Supervises day to day activities - Delegates authority- Assigns & prioritizes activities- Monitors operating standards- Establishes a safe work environment10: Support workplace inclusion activities
C/S: Culinary focus with ADMIN responsibilities. Limited menu, basic program
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.