Facilities / Engineering Operations Manager 2
About the Job
Sodexo is seeking an experienced hands on Operational Maintenance/Facility Manager/Supervisor for Assumption College in Worcester, Massachusetts. Strong background in either HVAC/Plumbing, and/or electrical working in a Universities or College environment.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Are you a strategic Facilities professional who can drive innovation with exceptional results? As you grow your career, do you want the support of an industry leader in Facilities Management?
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 125,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 9,000 client sites and more than 15 million customers a day in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
We are looking for a very technical Facilities Operator with the ability to work hands on with independently or with the Trades, Grounds, and oversee the Custodial Team while ensuring administrative activities are completed as required. This is a very demanding, fast paced position at the prestigious Assumption College. Your responsibilities will include:
- A proven track record of successful at least 5 years of Integrated Facilities Management leadership experience as demonstrated by articulated results and accomplishments;
- Exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills;
- Strong technical knowledge particularly with HVAC/plumbing. Worked with building automation systems either JCI or other like BAC’s.
- Working hands on trouble shooting building infrastructure issues, working hands on independently or with staff to resolve.
- Knowledge and experience in managing work order systems, managing open work orders and loading/prioritization. Review and management of preventive maintenance with both in-house staff and/or subcontractors.
- Ability to successfully manage operations while supporting the strategic initiatives of the college.
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen with an understanding of P & L;
- strong Leadership skills with a focus on staff development and team building.
Greater Worcester is a college town with about 30,000 students living here during the academic year. Worcester is New England’s second-largest city and an exciting, metropolitan location just 45 miles from Boston and Providence, travel to and from Worcester is very convenient.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Back up to GM; 2nd in command; Supervises the account as the #2 manager and has full responsibility including supervision of other managers. Responsible for entire account when the Director of Facilities Ops is not present.Two scenarios for this position in Univ.: A) Has all facilities rolling up – Custodial / maintenance and grounds, and FM who reports to GM; very large integrated operation. B) Mega account – multiple managers of maintenance; PM function; other specific managers – unifying position.
Key Duties- Manage other managers; manage by walking around (rounding); Staffs, trains, and is responsible for employee development- client interface; - payroll oversight;- budgetary oversight on some services; - Oversees and coordinates projects- Manages work orders/CMMS- Manages mechanicals (i.e. HVAC)- Manages QA and Safety
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.