Credit Risk Manager - Apple and Merchant Installments
About the Job
This is a great opportunity to become a key member of our Merchant Installment product line, a new and entrepreneurial oriented business line of Citizens Bank that is focused on developing innovative credit products in the unsecured lending space. The Credit Risk manager will be responsible for leading the analysis of credit trends and supporting projects that cover all aspects of credit risk. This role is focused in supporting the Citizens Bank partnership with Apple and a strong pipeline of potential future retail partnerships across multiple industries. This position requires strong, collaborative, and cross functional partnerships to ensure credit risk strategies and broader business line objectives are achieved.
The Credit Risk manager is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Become a credit risk domain expert for the Apple iPhone Upgrade program and other merchant installment partnerships, conducting rigorous quantitative analysis to improve our business partnerships and identify sound opportunities
- Leverage credit risk domain expertise to solve business-related problems of a primarily quantitative nature by conducting quantitative analyses across the credit risk management spectrum (Targeting, Underwriting and Account Management)
- Collect data through designing experiments and utilize quantitative research methods to convert the data into actionable recommendations
- Work cross-functionally with product management team, marketing and pricing to instrument and measure key metrics, build best-class credit strategies and design hypothesis-driven experiments.
- Implementing step change improvements in reporting capabilities by focusing on value added activities that support both internal and external stakeholders
- Providing Apple and other merchants with relevant and material credit risk updates that support a pro-business approach that is based on a credit controlled philosophy
- Proven ability to quickly adapt to rapidly changing contexts while maintaining quality and timelines
- 3-5 years of relevant experiences in the usage of analytics to evaluate risk in consumer lending banking or in other relevant fields (Telco, Near Prime Lending, alternative lenders, Mobile, ecommerce, Fintechs, data aggregators, capital markets, rating agencies)
- Relevant experiences using technical tools to derive analytical insights (SAS, R, SPSS or other relevant statistical package)
- Ability to make clear, coherent and holistic recommendations based on quantitative analysis and get buy-in from both technical and non-technical audiences across all levels.
- Aptitude to pick up new technical skills and desire to learn new ways of evaluating traditional and non-traditional credit data
- Exceptional ability in working with numbers and statistics
- Experiences in the usage of analytics to evaluate credit risk or fraud risk in non-banking industries (Telco, Mobile, ecommerce, Fintechs, data aggregators, capital markets, rating agencies) can supplement experience in consumer lending or banking
- Experience with the entire data lifecycle: collection, storage architecture, BI tools, insights, algorithm generation, and data-driven business planning
- Hand-on modeling experience in areas of linear regression, logistic regression, multinomial regression, multivariate analysis, discriminant analysis, principal components analysis/factor analysis, time series analysis, and panel data analysis
- Bachelor degree in quantitative field (Finance, Computer Science, Behavioral Economics, Math, Physics, Engineering or quantitative field)
- Masters in Computer Science, Behavioral Economics, Math, Physics, Engineering or quantitative field Preferred
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00
Why Work with Us
At Citizens, you’ll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries, and Citizens Bank of Pennsylvania.