Executive Chef 2
About the Job
Relocation Assistance Available!
Sodexo Campus Services has an opportunity for an experienced Executive Chef 2 for our food service operations at Ripon College located in Ripon, WI.
Food operations on this campus include resident dining, retail dining and catering. Duties include supervising kitchen operations regarding customer service as well as the food production, purchasing and receiving food and supplies. The ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, high knowledge of sustainability initiatives and agricultural ingenuities are strongly preferred. Food costing, catering experience, excellent client relations and team building skills are a must, along with the skill set to effectively implement all budget controls at the unit level.
Reporting to the General Manager, the ideal EC2 candidate will have:
- Prior campus/university food service management experience;
- A demonstrated ability to lead a team in the day to day food operations to ensure quality production and exceptional delivery of service;
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to interact with customers, clients and all levels of management;
- Ability to successfully implement Sodexo programs, policies, and procedures while managing a diverse team of employees;
- Strong financial acumen to ensure cost effective operations to include labor management, food costs, and inventory control, operating a P&L account;
- Experience in training and developing staff and coordinating customer service programs;
- Demonstrated experience with innovative menu planning and superior organizational skills are preferred.
To learn more about Ripon College, please visit http://www.ripon.edu/.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution. Key Duties- Implements & coordinates the culinary function. - Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.- Manages catering & retail areas.- Customer & Client satisfaction.- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree Basic Management Experience - 2 years Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.