Food Production Manager 3
About the Job
Unit DescriptionSodexo Universities has an exciting new opening for a Food Production Manager 3 / Campus Bakery Manage r at The State University of New York at New Paltz! The State University of New York at New Paltz, known as SUNY New Paltz for short, is a large public college in New Paltz, New York. It traces its origins to the New Paltz Classical School, a secondary institution founded in 1828 and reorganized as an academy in 1833. The college is one of only four SUNY institutions in the New York metropolitan area. Sodexo Dining Services on the campus of SUNY New Paltz is seeking a Food Production Manager / Campus Bakery Manager to support a full production bakery on campus. The Bakery is located in the lower level of the resident dining building. This is a busy, fast paced location . This manager works closely with the Campus Executive Chef, Director of Operations, and General Manager on campus to ensure customer service and food production excellence. Position has oversight for a culinary staff of 10-15 full-time employees, and food production responsibilities supporting the bakery, retail and resident dining operations with 3,200 meal plan holders. Role is 70% food production administrative and 30% hands on culinary. The best qualified candidate will have the following:
- High-volume food production/culinary management experience within a bakery setting;
- Experience with training and leading a food production staff;
- Experience with ordering, inventory and food production systems;
- The ability to work with campus-wide food managers to ensure food production needs; strong ability to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities;
- Experience managing food and labor costs;
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a large facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety. Key Duties- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree Basic Management Experience - 2 years Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.