Executive Chef 3
About the Job
At Sodexo we believe that Quality of Daily Life contributes to the progress of individuals and the performance of organizations. Sodexo designs, manages and delivers comprehensive service solutions to create an outstanding experience for the people we serve.
We are seeking a results driven, highly motivated Executive Chef 3 to join our food services healthcare team at The University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center in Towson, MD.
The Executive Chef will report directly to the General Manager and will be responsible for day to day culinary oversight of patient, retail and catering services. The Executive Chef also plays a critical role in ensuring the operational effectiveness at the unit. The University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center is an acute care 247 bed Catholic hospital in Towson, Md. with 70 union hourly employees and 5 managers. Account currently has Expressly For You patient meal service, a beautiful retail outlet, and catering. Candidate should have a strong culinary background with experience in patient services, catering, and procurement. Union experience is a plus.
Additional Job Responsibilities include:
- Able to manage and execute multiple priorities, and multiple long standing projects
- Professional Written and Verbal Skills
- Oversees 70 employees in the department
- High Level Leadership and Supervisory Experience
- Responsible for identifying process improvement initiatives and overseeing the implementation.
- Ensures that employees demonstrate an active customer hospitality orientation toward both clients and customers.
- Integrate fully within our client’s organization by becoming a trusted adviser with a customer service focus.
- Responsible for driving patient satisfaction results.
- Regularly analyzes patient satisfaction data and implements a plan of action in these areas to achieve optimal unit performance.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards.
- Must meet (or exceed) Sodexo standards of operations.
- Creates a positive environment and successfully motivates and manages team.
- Experience in operational management and process improvement.
- Experience in food service environment, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Strong Nutritional background and understanding of patient diets
- Proficient computer skills.
- Strong attention to company policy, standards, and regulations.
- Knowledgeable in compliance to food safety (HACCP), sanitation and overall workplace safety standards.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment while fostering strong client and customer relationships.
Careers in Healthcare:
Working for Sodexo in Healthcare allows you to offer patients, healthcare professionals and caregivers around the world the best healthcare experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Sodexo’s unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Provides culinary leadership within a large sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution. Key Duties- Implements & coordinates the culinary function. - Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.- Manages catering & retail areas.- Customer & Client satisfaction.- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.