Executive Chef 2
About the Job
Sodexo Senior Living is seeking an experienced Executive Chef for a potential sale in Marin County, CA.
The Executive Chef will be fully responsible for preparing high end dining options to for the Residents at this Senior Community. Front of the House Management experience is also a must as this position will fill in for the General Manager. The ideal candidate must also be client savvy, customer service orientated and have experience with retail and food operations.
The Executive Chef will build and maintain successful relationships and be visible and hands-on with all unit operations.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- previous experience working in a high volume facility; and
- strong management skills.
Sound like the opportunity you've been waiting for. Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Connect with this recruiter on LinkedIn or Twitter.
Please visit the Sodexo Network with Us page and consider signing up
for our Career Connections eNewsletter.
Take a sneak peek at how Sodexo can contribute to your well-being: http://bit.ly/yPf9G.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. See more Culinary jobs here.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution. Key Duties- Implements & coordinates the culinary function. - Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.- Manages catering & retail areas.- Customer & Client satisfaction.- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree Basic Management Experience - 2 years Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.