Environmental Services / Custodial Operations Manager 1
About the Job
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Environmental Services / Custodial Operations Manager 1, for Doctor Medical Center in Modesto, CA. This position will be managing the Evening Shift. This position will have primary responsibility of PM team/ floorcare overseeing a team of 40. The successful candidate will have skill and ability to highly engage with families, co-workers, visitors, and leadership at the account.
Prior housekeeping experience in related industries is ideal. Candidate must have excellent oral, written and communication skills and the ability to develop positive relationships. Also, must have the ability to handle multiple priorities at once in a fast paced environment. Seeking a "Difference Maker" to enhance our overall impact for our patient satisfaction scores, employee engagement, and have a passion for training.
- Customer service & client relations
- High energy attitude with a go-getter personality --computer skills to include: tele-tracking and email --hospital or hotels EVS experience a plus
- Focus on patient satisfaction is paramount
We are looking for a candidate who:
- is a leader who develops and motivates a team to exceed the expectations of clients and customers in service and the technical execution of a health care housekeeping system;
- has knowledge of Sodexo ES systems and processes including TRAKKAR, UOS, Gold Check, ENGAGE and black light inspections;
- possesses strong leadership skills and has the ability to work independently to drive program compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
- has 1-3 years previous custodial or housekeeping management experience
Sodexo offers a competitive salary, paid training, extensive education and continuous learning opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package designed with work-life balance in mind that includes 3 weeks of vacation during the first year of employment.
At Sodexo Health Care, patients are the heart of everything we do. Our ability to create a clean, healthy and comfortable environment for hospitals is key to the success of our company. Come be a part of Sodexo where patients are the heart of everything we do.
Provides management oversight for Environmental Services exempt and non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service Programs. Ensures Environmental Service programs are in place and functioning according to design to consistently meet all company, client, and regulatory requirements. Key Duties-Establishes a safe work environment for clients, customers and staff by ensuring equipment safety and compliance with Sodexho safety and loss prevention programs and by providing safety-related training and equipment inventory and maintenance.-Assumes GM responsibilities and authority in his or her absence-Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring compliance to operating standards. -Ensures compliance with application of all Sodexo Quality Assurance and Regulatory standards within the contractually agreed upon scope of services. -Establish and/or adhere to defined operating standards, develops and implements quality improvements and ensures direct reports and staff adhere to the standards and expectations. -Assists with Management of Environmental Service budget by ensuring full compliance to established operating standards, monitoring costs (e.g. labor, inventory, equipment, and material), and taking corrective action as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.