Executive Chef 2
About the Job
Sodexo Corporate Services is looking for an Executive Chef 2 to join our team at Discover Card in Phoenix, Arizona. The food operation at this location consists of cafe, catering operations, and a micro-market with a total managed volume of 3 million dollars. This is a P&L account and the cafe will be undergoing a significant renovation that will enhance and create a new and exciting dining experience for our customers.
Discover Card is an upscale cafe focusing on fresh, beautiful quality of food. Sodexo is looking for an Executive Chef to continue our tradition of culinary excellence at this location. This Executive Chef will be accountable for all culinary operations and will be responsible for 10 back-of-the-house employees.
Is this opportunity right for you?
Are you an experienced chef ready to take your career to the next level? At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily culinary production including production planning and controls
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards are in place including recipe compliance and food quality
- manage food costing, controls and compliance
- develop menus and manage inventory
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees
- have a passion for food and innovation
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies
- previous experience working in a restaurant
- strong management skills
Apply today to grow with Sodexo, a world leader in Quality of Life Services! Working for Sodexo: Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you? Please visit the Sodexo Network with Us page and consider signing up Take a sneak peek at how Sodexo can contribute to your well-being: http://bit.ly/yPf9G.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution. Key Duties- Implements & coordinates the culinary function. - Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.- Manages catering & retail areas.- Customer & Client satisfaction.- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree Basic Management Experience - 2 years Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.