CDL-A Team Shuttle Driver
Averitt Express Burbank, IL 60459
About the Job
Attention Drivers! We're offering a $2,500 sign-on BONUS for qualified drivers through March 31, 2018!($1,250 after 90 days and $1,250 after 180 days!)
Shuttle driving is one of Averitt's most appealing positions, and it's even better when you can share the driver's seat with a friend or loved one!
Team Shuttle Drivers play an integral role in serving our customers by transporting LTL freight between Averitt service centers throughout our system.
- It's as simple as dropping, hooking, and getting back on the road to your next destination.
- No-touch freight
- Gate-to-gate mileage pay (not HHG!)
- WEEKLY HOME TIME!
- Team shuttle drivers with 1+ years of tractor trailer experience (each) will start at .62 cpm split.
Check out the benefits Averitt has to offer:
Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription card, and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as...
$75.70 per week for family
$30.55 per week for unmarried individuals
With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- Profit Sharing and 401 (k) plans
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Uniform program- Averitt will provide
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wellness programs available
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks
- Other career advancement opportunities within Averitt
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and most meals
- Referral rewards program
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requirements- Must be at least 21 years old
- 1 year full-time verifiable tractor- trailer experience within past 3 years preferred
- Drivers must have Class A CDL with Hazmat & Tanker endorsements (tanker required for portable totes)
- No convictions for Reckless Driving within the past 5 years
- No convictions for DUI within the past 5 years
- No suspensions or revocations within the last 5 years
- No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with fatality)
- No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years
-No Preventable DOT Recordable accidents within the past 3 years
- Move freight -force requirement: 54 lbs
- Open/close trailer door -force requirement: 46 lbs
- Hook/Unhook trailer - force requirement: 90 lbs
- Enter/Exit a Commercial Motor Vehicle
- Enter/Exit the rear of a trailer from ground level
- Perform pre-trip inspections
- Regular predictable attendance